Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boom, Roasted!

Your laugh was helium, filling my heart and lifting it up, up, up like a balloon towards the sky as we sucked down cold ones under the shelter of my white wooden porch. You kissed me hard and it burst within me, and I began to plummet back to earth, falling fast and locked on to you like a heat-seeking missile. It was one of those hot summer nights we spent between warm bedsheets that end up bunched at the foot of the bed amidst a sea of stripped clothing, used condom wrappers and a case of crushed blue aluminum.
I want to say thank you. It meant the world to me. you with your flower dress and tied back hair walking so effortlessly in and out of my life from airplane corridors and Eppley Express van-lines...all at your convenience. On your watch. I used to miss you terribly, staring at my cieling fan pulling air and pushing time.
I don't miss you now. Sure I get the occasional eyesore when when I see you sitting with a cold smile in the back of my mind like lost childhood memories and drunken adventures, but I've got a prescription to kill the pain. She's a bright smile and the most beautiful eyes you have ever seen. She is blonde hair to the shoulders and a pierced lower lip. She is excitement on a rainy day. She is warmth from a blizzard in the dead of winter. She is happiness...serenity. She is super glue to my broken spirit, a quick fix that will hold strong and never let go,

1 comment: